Wednesday, August 4, 2010

What will the neighbors think: Table edition?

So this is the yard sale find from Saturday.  Props must go out to my mini-van who hauled this thing home with two suitcases, four people and loads of other crap. Isn't she great!  I can't wait to get my hands on her...

and check this out...

20$ now that is a steal!  Yard Sale advice: always offer lower.  My cheap-skate brother-in-law says offer half the price.  I'm a chicken and tend to not shoot that low, but really what are they going to do - shoot you? It's worth the shot (no pun intended) and he usually is never told no.  Go early- really early.  The early bird gets the worm. Make it a game with kids and give them a couple quarters to shop with.  My kids think it's fun to spot the signs and pretend we are treasure hunting!  (but really I am teaching them to be thrifty and slightly ghetto. Shhh!)  Last but not least, when you find yourself in a large town (other than the one I live in) on a Saturday morning- go shop.  It really is fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails